Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Artist: Andrew Taylor


Potential was the comic I left Comic Con feeling the most excited about! I’m really digging the story and a lot of aspects of it.  They were also completing commissions at Comic Con in Austin and Andrew Taylor designed a brilliant logo for us. He also completed some other works or art that can be found in the article. Images really say a thousand words when it’s Cyclops and the Jack in the Box guy punching Hitler! I expect nothing but big things from Potential and Andrew Taylor.  I had a chance to sit down With Andrew Taylor and here’s the man himself…


BBM: What’s your name and what do you do?
My names Andrew Taylor I’m working on an original comic called Potential and within the next couple of weeks were going to be finding a publisher.

BBM: Tell us about Potential
The story follows a college student Ian Westbrook who has a theory that all human beings have the ability to possess psychic powers. There’s a chemical accident at his school and all of his friends get Psychic powers but he’s late to class that day and misses out. So the story is this developing origins story of this group of hero’s and Ian being left out of this developing super hero community becomes the villain. We see him go from this naive college student into something more and more psychopathic and the other characters become more and more heroic.

BBM: Very cool concept. When can we get our hands on it. I want to read it already!
I will be finishing the colors this Thursday. Where working on it right now our letterer should be done with it with in the week. Out first choice of publishers would be Image comics they take about a month to get back to you. After that I’m not sure how long it takes..

BBM: What was your first major experience with art and how did you know it was for you?
When I was just 3 my dad would take out these step by step how to drawings from the Newspaper and we would each draw one.  When we were done I would always say his drawing was mine and my drawing was his. So I got into drawing at an early age I started doing Sonic the Hedgehog when he was brand new and I was a kid. Later I got into the X-men for a while I was into doing video game art. When I got into college that’s where I really got into comics especially Marvel, Image, and  DC. I was always a fan of comics but it really never clicked.

BBM: Three words that describe Potential?Nightmarish, Dark, Tragedy

BBM: How’s comic con treating you so far?
Very well Friday I was slow Saturday I was really busy with commissions. My wrist was hurting by the end of the day. Today I got an early start with a Vamperla commission we got a lot of people to follow the Facebook page. Got a couple new likes last night and we are here because we Kickstarted I’d like to point out we had a kickstarter project for Potential. We started it around June and we hit are stretch goal to go to a Comic Con and we decided to got to Austin. It’s my first time in Texas and I’m loving it it always smells like BBQ

BBM: Can you tell us about DoctorCops M.D.?
Just did my 100th issue last week and it’s been almost 2 years. It’s a parity of Grey's anatomy and CSI as well as a few different actors. The story follows this writer Walter Reed and Producer Max King and they discuss scripts for the TV show DoctorCops MD. Walter is very serious about this terrible show and he was all these other actors that he needs to be in it. Max hates it and criticizes it along the way but he knows they are going to make a lot of money. He has to do this even though it kills him inside a little.
I’ve had a lot of trouble advertising and getting news fans but all the fans I have really love it. A few truly dedicated fans that keeps me going when it seems ruff and it’s too hard to keep going.  It doesn't constantly make money but I have a lot of fun and laugh every time I make a new one. It seems whenever I have a con we always get a lot of fans and people are really interested. It’s just getting more advertisement

BBM: Will help out as much as we can to get the word out. I did want to touch back on Potential how did you come up with the name?
It has a couple of different meanings. The main character Ian Westbrook believes everyone has the potential to possess psychic abilities.  We just have to figure out our brain like any other muscle. The other meaning is the potential to do great or evil things. Each of the characters will really fulfill them. Once they have these powers some of them will discover the Potential to do justice and do a lot of good. Whereas some of the other characters will realize the only thing stopping them from being a murderer was ability.

BBM: Where can fans find the latest news?
www.Facebook.com/potentialfans and our writer James writes the blog http://potentialcomic.blogspot.com/

BBM: Make sure to stay posted on their Facebook as we eagerly anticipate the release of the first issue!!



No comments:

Post a Comment