Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Matisyahu interview

BBM: How’s life treating you?
Matisyahu: Uhh its okay, life is good.

BBM: What was your first major experience with music and how did you know it was for you?
Matisyahu: It’s hard to pinpoint it to one experience; as far back as I can remember music has been a big part of my life. When I was 16 I went to a FISH concert and dropped LSD for the first time. That was the moment I knew music was the core of my being.

BBM: Very cool, I remember reading about that. Then you started following them on tour. Let’s talk about your acoustic EP, what made you want to release it?
Matisyahu: Well I’ve done a lot of acoustic shows over the years and were also doing an acoustic tour. I really enjoy them. It’s a little more involved and passionate then some of the past few tours I’ve done. We enjoy them and it gives me a chance to play for the people on a personal level. The show consists of a cello and two guitars and I’ve recorded these live over the past six months.

BBM: There are a lot of great things you’re doing. Part of the proceeds of the Happy Hanukah cover song is being donated to the Hurricane Relief Fund.  Where can fans purchase this song?
Matisyahu: Online at matisyahuworld.com as well as ITunes and Facebook.

BBM: Three words that describe your music?
Matisyahu: What about 3 syllables? I mean 4.

BBM: Sounds good

Matisyahu: Undescribable


To read the full interview click here

 


No comments:

Post a Comment