Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Artist Interview: KR. One

 KR. ONE

BBM: How’s life treating ya?
I can't complain, really. Besides some aches and pains, I'm good.

BBM: What was your first major experience with art and how did you know it was for you?
I would consider my childhood. Drawing and painting for as long as I can remember and hearing other children and teachers calling me and referring to me as an artist. When I was a kid I always thought of people like Salvador Dali as an artist. Y'know, like a really eccentric looking individual with a cap and moustache. So, my reaction was like, hmmn, interesting. People think I'm like that guy. Lol
The responses and reactions to what I was doing stayed with me and the joy I felt in the creative processes of art and music. It was a no brainer, really. I was for it and it for me.
I loved art so much that I still do it with the same eagerness I had as a child, if not more so.

BBM: Give our readers a little history about yourself:
I am a native New Yorker born in Harlem, raised in Astoria, Queens.
I come from a huge Italian family of 12 siblings. I started writing graffiti at the age of 11 in 1977 and was part of the NYC Subway graffiti movement till 1983 when I became serious about music.
Having since made music with  and travelled the world with legendary NYC  bands like Murphy's Law, Lords Of Brooklyn and various Heavy Metal projects all the while doing "legal" graffiti art including a bunch of successful group and solo art shows.

Read our full interview with KR. ONE AKA Louie Gasparro click the link below:




No comments:

Post a Comment